Shipping, Billing, etc

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Thu Jul 19 19:04:44 CEST 2007

Peter Trapp wrote:
> I'm not concerned about the number of units. It's more about the
> delivery date. On
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/SH1_FAQ:
>
> Are there enough phones for the number of orders? Will FIC produce
> another GTA01 batch if needed?
>  >Of course. Please note that there is a lead time of four to six weeks.
>

> I don't want to wait another 6 weeks (~ End of August) to buy GTA02   2
> month later...

Based on basic sums of tickets and phones per order, it seems likely
that the number of phones ordered is 800-1500 or so.
It is very likely that there will be a delay.

If they kicked off the production process for the next batch on the 10th
- after having several hundred orders - then 4 weeks comes around the
8th of August. Probably another week at least for shipping.
So, at best, another month.

At worst - if nobodies pressed the button, and the production time is 6
weeks, and this doesn't happen till they get the first batch out the
door, we might be looking at the first days of November.