Shipping, Billing, etc

Peter Trapp openmoko at genial.ms
Thu Jul 19 19:50:46 CEST 2007

Ian Stirling wrote:
> Peter Trapp wrote:
>> I don't want to wait another 6 weeks (~ End of August) to buy GTA02
>> 2 month later...
>>

> Based on basic sums of tickets and phones per order, it seems likely
> that the number of phones ordered is 800-1500 or so.
> It is very likely that there will be a delay.

It's likely that there will be some delay for sure. IMO they had around
1000 on stoc for shipping (dunno where the number came from)...

It's less the question if there will be a delay. More to whom it
concerns ...

> If they kicked off the production process for the next batch on the 10th
> - after having several hundred orders - then 4 weeks comes around the
> 8th of August. Probably another week at least for shipping.
> So, at best, another month.
>
> At worst - if nobodies pressed the button, and the production time is 6
> weeks, and this doesn't happen till they get the first batch out the
> door, we might be looking at the first days of November.

first days of November ...
    ... probably they will just ship GTA02 ;)

I guess it will be something in between (08/08 -- start of November) ,
but that's the point. There should be some statement on that...

These are only my 2 cents. Don't count on GTA02...