Shipping, Billing, etc

Andy Powell openmoko at automated.it
Thu Jul 19 21:29:30 CEST 2007

On Thursday 19 July 2007 19:30, richard5 at email.arizona.edu wrote:
> I think you guys need to have a little more patience.  If your phone
> doesn't get
> to you RIGHT NOW the world is not going to end.  You'll have plenty of time
> after your phone gets to you to play with it.  Relax, have a coffee and a
> danish and everything will be fine.

It's not about being impatient, let's face it we've already waited 2 weeks
longer than any of us expected to. It has a lot to do with the frustration
from getting no information at all. The worse than pathetic ordering process
gives us no clue as to what is going on at all. If you're going to get people
to reply with YES_I_DO then at least ack their message so they know it
arrived.

What they should have done is not opened the shop for 2 weeks and then got
everything in place rather than taken the orders and then sit around waiting
because no one thought about the merchant account.

This is the sort of stuff that *must* be seamless with the mass market
version, otherwise we might just as well all pack up and go home now.

I feel for the developers, e-commerce certainly isn't their thing, but that's
not what they are for. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people in the
community who'd be happy to help out in any way possible, they only have to
ask..

Andy