Perfect set of Neo companion (and power questions).
lah at micropp.se
Fri Jul 20 03:10:16 CEST 2007
1) A powered 4 port hub that accept 5-6V external power (hacked to power
a usb host connection). The perfect charger for the neo.. and, well, a
hub as extra function.
2) A 2.2A 5V power supply (4x500 mA = 2A + overhead).
3) A led flashlight powered by 4 D-cell (LR20) batteries that also can
power the hub. (possibly also usable with 5 D-cell for rechargeable
batteries (NiCd/NiMH) at 1.2V each).
4) usb keyboard and any other gadget...
5) An extra set of batteries :-)
according to wikipedia, alkaline D-cell have a capacity of ~20 000
mAh... At 6V given 4 D-cell.... but I guess no more will come out of the
hub at 5V.
That's 16.7 times 1200 mAh... but how efficient is the charging of the
phone... can one expect 1 or 5 or 10 full charges?
And how much dose the phone consume over usb when already charged?
Would be nice to be able to get a rough estimate on have long lifetime
one can expect.
More information about the community