community Digest, Vol 36, Issue 45

Adam Krikstone krikstone at cox.net
Fri Jul 20 09:17:17 CEST 2007

IRC and lists are great tools at sending and distributing information
fast.  However, as more users, especially ones with little to no
experience with linux, begin purchasing neo's these lists will be
inundated with drivel.  There is only ~1000 people on this list and look
at simple problems with a glitch with gmail.  I get 90+ messages about
"is gmail broken," "gmail isn't working," "I think it is gmail," etc.
Do you really want to check your inbox and get 5000-10000+ messages
about simple mundane things as the neo's are released to the mass
market?  I suggested a forum to act as a buffer between the public and
IRC/lists.  The IRC/lists can be for developers/advanced users and
consumers can stay in the forums.

adam