Hooks in Base Code

Jim McDonald Jim at devzero.net
Fri Jul 20 10:20:44 CEST 2007

Henry Law wrote:

> What about using a system similar to iptables? Each module only
> provide function to "match" against some call info. Some "target actions"
> are defined by the notification system. And rules is setup by user
> so that when a call event come in, the notification system can
> check the call info against the rules one by one until one is match and
> do the "target action" in that rule. Normally each "target action" will
> do their jobs and then terminate the matching process.
Yep that's pretty much what I'm talking about here.  But to do this we
will need the low-level code to send us the methods/signals so that we
can take the appropriate actions, which is the bit that I'm worried is
not being considered and so this type of functionality will just not be
possible without being a 'core' developer.

Cheers,
Jim.