Not "the free phone" (was: Re: Again: Advertising thoughts

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Fri Jul 20 14:34:35 CEST 2007

On Jul 20, 2007, at 2:31 AM, Santiago Crespo wrote:
> I like the spanish term: "libre" (like in ubuntu cd-box).

It's not a bad word, but unfortunately when I hear it I get an image
of a guy wearing army fatigues and carrying an automatic weapon.   To
some extent I think choosing a branding that will work in every
country is a hopeless task.   I mean, Coke and McDonald's seem to
have done it, but I don't know of a lot of others...