Replying to digests Was: Re: community Digest, Vol 36, Issue 48

Ortwin Regel ortwin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:44:54 CEST 2007

Seems like we need the right software then. http://gbatemp.net , running IPB
Portal v2 ( http://www.invisionpower.com/ ), does what you describe pretty
reliably as far as I can tell. Don't know if any other board software has
that functionality.

I find the hostality towards forums here pretty astounding... Forums should
not replace the mailing list but complement it. They would take some load
off the mailing list. If the list grows any bigger, I will have to cancel my
subscription, because I can't read through all this stuff anymore. The great
thing about forums is that they designed for selective reading. You only
read what interests you. It doesn't push all the crap to your inbox, you go
and get what you need.

Ortwin