freetheiphone.org

Adam Krikstone krikstone at cox.net
Fri Jul 20 18:27:09 CEST 2007

As far as I know, no GSM provider blocks IMEI's.  I was responding to a
person who asked whether it was possible. I do see troubling signs ahead
coming from Telecommunication providers as consolidation continues.
Their argument for net neutrality can easily be applied to wireless
under the guise of maintaining "network quality."  All they have to do
is spread FUD about linux and network "hackers" "compromising" GSM
networks.  While it won't happen anytime soon, I wouldn't put anything
past their ability and desires for greater customer control.