community Digest, Vol 36, Issue 45

Mathew Davis someoneinjapan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 18:41:50 CEST 2007

> Those were never specified as requirements at all.  What they asked for
> was
> somewhere they could ask questions without  "spamming the list"  - irc is
> perfect for those little questions.

Yes for developers, or technicaly inclided users.  What will we do when it
goes to mass market?  Have an instruction book detailing how to use an IRC
channel?  I don't know any non-technical user who would ever even read that,
let alone try to conntect to an IRC channel.  I think this solution is good
for now, but I still think a forum is necessary if the neo is to be useful
in the hands of non-technical users.