community Digest, Vol 36, Issue 45

Andy Powell openmoko at automated.it
Fri Jul 20 18:42:33 CEST 2007

On Friday 20 July 2007 17:35, Jonathon Suggs wrote:
> IRC and mailing lists have their uses, but so do forums.  I honestly
> don't understand the resistance to the idea of a forum.  Other than
> people being so closed minded and elitist that they can't understand how
> people are soo stupid not to have know the answer to the question already.

At what point did I actually say *anything* against forums? Please, show me. A
question was asked and I made a suggestion - just because you don't like it
doesn't mean others weren't aware of it as an option or whatever.

> So if anything, hopefully those people (who are the people who give FOSS
> a bad rep) will stick to IRC and mailing lists, and people that can
> actually perform social interaction can help people out in the forums.

Wait, did you just insult everyone who uses irc / mailing lists. Good move.
You just failed 'social interaction 101'

Andy