Marketing...

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 21:14:23 CEST 2007

co
On 20 Jul 2007, at 19:48, Rodolphe Ortalo wrote:

> I am not even sure they need to know about "Open" if only they are
> aware
> of the "Moko".
> Look at this other buzz word: "Linux", M&Mme Dupond do not really
> understand what it relates to. (Unix, free, freedom, even Mac
> sometimes...;-)

If the phone is in a shop then people will buy on looks and any POS
literature.

If they are buying the phone online then the marketing will help, but
still the phone's appearance will matter still.

A lot of people want a good looking device. I think the Neo1973 looks
ok, but I've yet to see one in the flesh.

The fact that it is missing a camera will eliminate some buyers
straight away. But people rate battery life, reception and sound
quality more than camera when it comes to priorities (The Register
did a survey).