Giles Jones giles.jones at
Fri Jul 20 21:14:23 CEST 2007

On 20 Jul 2007, at 19:48, Rodolphe Ortalo wrote:

> I am not even sure they need to know about "Open" if only they are
> aware
> of the "Moko".
> Look at this other buzz word: "Linux", M&Mme Dupond do not really
> understand what it relates to. (Unix, free, freedom, even Mac
> sometimes...;-)

If the phone is in a shop then people will buy on looks and any POS

If they are buying the phone online then the marketing will help, but
still the phone's appearance will matter still.

A lot of people want a good looking device. I think the Neo1973 looks
ok, but I've yet to see one in the flesh.

The fact that it is missing a camera will eliminate some buyers
straight away. But people rate battery life, reception and sound
quality more than camera when it comes to priorities (The Register
did a survey).