Marketing...

Andy Loughran andy at zrmt.com
Sat Jul 21 01:35:40 CEST 2007

Keep it simple.

Users don't want to know it's got hammerhead GPS, or runs on Linux.  They want to know that it is reliable, cna do for them what their current phone does - and be aware of how the extra stuff can benefit them.

I like the idea of sending a quick sms with your coordinates, that gets read on a neo and places someone on a map - but I think that this would need to be a unique procedure - rather than embedded with a normal sms.  Good Idea though.

I'm getting excited more and more about the potential for the neo - even with the hardware it currently has the ability to create mash-up software of all of these different functionalities is fantastic, but at the end of the day it's about selling it to the end users.

I think the focus should be on the integration of utilities in a way that _you_ choose.  People might think 'ooh that GPS location message is a good idea, for only the costs of a single text.  wouldn't it be good if...'

The job of the marketing group is to build on that if... to provide people with a sense of individuality as well as being part of a bigger picture.

Since 1973, phones have been generic and very 'industrial.'  Customisation has been lax.  Phones are now a personal item, so the ability to customise is paramount in many peoples minds.  We need to make this clear.

It's not just a Penguin Phone.. it's your Penguin Phone.

--------
Andy Loughran
www.zrmt.com
m: 07921076319