Marketing...

openmoko at tonymorelli.com openmoko at tonymorelli.com
Sat Jul 21 02:10:16 CEST 2007

I think most people are jumping way too far ahead..

If this is to be used by anyone other than linux geeks it has to have
windows support.  It has to synch with outlook.  If it does not work
seemlessly with windows, it will never have mass appeal (and maybe thats
the goal??)  Users need to be able to drag and drop files between the
device and windows.  Mp3's, pictures, and to some degree videos need to be
user friendly to move between the 2..  Videos need atleast a converter app
to run on windows to resample to something the neo can handle with the
simple push of 1 button..

The ability to customize this forever is a good thing, it needs to be
available.  But i think to the end user it has to be hidden.  No average
joe wants to spend 5 hours a day re-building the tip of the kernel so he
can ftp the latest new kids on the block track to his phone, and then ssh
in to start it playing

All of these apps and ideas are awesome.  I hope to be active in writing
some of these.. But for this to be more than a science experiment and
become a viable product for the masses, it all has to be dumbed down and
point and click and work without thinking about it..

Maybe I stated the obvious, but I would like this phone to be a success
and thats how i see it happening.. start with the basics...

thanks for listening

PS - I vote for a forum