Marketing... aGPS uses

Adam Krikstone krikstone at cox.net
Sat Jul 21 04:47:08 CEST 2007

AGPS is where focus needs to be.  This natural (and free) comparative
advantage needs to be developed to attract new developers and customers.

1. Silent/loud/vibrate depending on location, programmable or based on
courtesy settings-- max goes silent near schools, libraries, etc.
2. shopping list/reminder if you drive walk by something, walk into
costco/supermarket weekly sales paper appears
3. Lost phone mode - send a text to your phone, get coordinates back,
remote change silent to ring mode.
4. Stolen phone mode - broadcast alarm when ever turned on or gives
location for police.  Remotely retrieve SIM/IEMI/phone book for
identification.
5. Auto sync location dependent - arrive at home wifi/bt turn on and
attempt to sync, sync when movement is sensed in the morning
6. Neo tracking - family plan able to track users at a distance or
locally.  Maybe an alert when within wifi range, sms/alert when phone
deviates from expected location or arrives.
7. Neo ping - wifi/bt in conjunction with accelerometers able to find
location phones when aGPS is unavailable. short distance
8. Vanilla GPS mapping - POI, trip tip, traffic, follow me, statistics
of trip (rate of travel, mph...), sight seeing, etc.  aGPS updated via
SMS/WiFi/GPRS.  Maps cached to SD card.
9. Broadcast - friends want to meet somewhere or where you currently
are, you can select gps location or current location to broadcast to
people you select in contacts menu. Maybe mute, end call, and
accept/send gps buttons while in call.
10. Weather tracker - gives estimate of how long before front/severe
weather will reach current location. Might give false
positives/inaccurate time.  Highlight areas that are flooded and map around.
11. Business Phone number ping - gets phone numbers of businesses in
current location, may also opt for website instead.
12. Coverage mapper - ability to remember when phone loses GSM coverage,
warn next time about dead spot or have ability for all users to submit
data to compile more realistic coverage maps
13. Gas prices/Highway driving - calculates best/safest/cheapest rest
areas or exits for gas.  Able to input car MPG and let neo tell you
which exits to get off for gas.  Maybe interface with gasbuddy on the
fly to get the cheapest gas.  Maybe suggest more efficient routes after
comparing month of driving data.
14. Language/currency/dialing codes - changes as you drive, of course it
can be locked to your language.  Might help visitors as they travel,
helpful phrases/translation, current currency conversion--how much,
normal prices, etc.
15. Crime geocode - warns when entering high crime area, reminds to lock
doors, etc.
16. WiFi mapper - remembers past locations or finds new ones and where
coverage ended/began
17. Public transport - sync with train/bus/subway schedule, realtime
updates or just provide normal times.
18. Panic mode - disables power off switch, dims LCD, and locks keybad,
dials 911/sends coordinates/emergency number, must have battery removed
to stop and should give time enough for automated dialing of
help---might get abused.
19. Sports mode - for runners, bikers, etc.  Follow me, journey
statistics, pace, laps, etc.
20. Charging patterns - remembers where battery dies, suggests to charge
when stopped after calculating when/where your neo usually dies after
last stop.
21. Social - IM, games, etc when near other neos.
22. Adhoc wifi/bt VoIP/PTT connection - GSM disabled when reaching
certain sites, maybe construction/fleet, phones would only be able to
VoIP/PTT between phones--limited use and range without AP/repeater