Marketing...

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 18:09:20 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 7/21/07, Ted Lemon <mellon at fugue.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 2007, at 4:25 PM, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> >> It speaks to exactly the problem that we will have marketing
> >> OpenMoko: how to get Joe and Jane Average to think of the Open in
> >> OpenMoko as something they care about.
> >
> > Don't do rthat then. As in "don't limit the marketing to only focus on
> > the Open part". The Open part will only get to the people who are
> > really, interested anyway.
>
> I guess reading the article before commenting on it would be too much
> to ask?

Well, I *did* read the article. I don't agree with the author. He
speaks of people's values - we should not focus too much on that,
instead we should focus on finding the next "must have" uses for the
phone. Values like "fair trade" are like fashions - they change every
three to six months.
IMHO.
--
Regards,