OK, the forum is coming..

Daniel Robinson dgrobinson at dgrobinson.com
Sun Jul 22 02:44:40 CEST 2007

The COGS on this phone should be around $100-110.  FIC will make money, but
won't make a lot of money unless they sell a lot of them.  They are
leveraging their expertise, manufacturing, and if they manufacture something
that doesn't sell, that is wasted manufacturing resources.

I think the business plan for them is to enable developers who want to make
a better phone/PDA than the pieces of crap on the market.  I had a Sony
Ericcsson phone on Cingular and I could create my own ring tones and down
load them.  I have a RAZR on T-Mobile and they will only let me buy
ringtones.  This is a brain dead phone/company combo.  If dev heads make a
better product (a product being a solution to a customer's problem) they
will sell phones.

--Dan