OK, the forum is coming..

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 14:09:51 CEST 2007

On 22 Jul 2007, at 09:47, Kyle Bassett wrote:

> I agree with Valerio's (humble) opinion.  Having a static manual
> would have problems due to the dynamic situation of the software.
> (The reason wiki's were born!)  We need to have an official forum,
> as questions will be asked and it will strengthen the community.
> forums.openmoko.org I believe is the way to go.
>
> When people start asking questions over and over again, a) ask them
> to search the forums somewhat better next time, and b) make it a
> wiki article.
>
> This is a pretty important issue...
> opinions?

It wouldn't be a manual for every possibility. Just document all the
potential conditions where the phone becomes unusable and how you get
out of those situations.

I've known quite a few people own smartphones and never install an
application. These are the sort of people who use IE and Outlook
Express as they wouldn't know of another browser or email application.