qemu trouble...

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 17:17:56 CEST 2007

On 22 Jul 2007, at 15:51, Lars Hallberg wrote:

> Network don't work (qemu -net user)... Is this a limitation in the
> moko image, the neo qemu or my hostsystem (ubuntu 7.04)? Is it
> somehow solvable?
>
> Anyone successfully got network on there qemu moko systems, an in
> that case how?

I've come close to getting network working, the usb0 device comes up
but I can't SSH into it.

I've had a hard time getting this going, mainly because nowhere does
it say which version of the kernel you should be running.

I had to change the dummy driver as it provides 8mA of virtual power
which then causes the virtual USB host to fail as it asks for 100mA
of power.

You have to do the following change or it won't even build the qemu
with gadgetfs support:

In ${OMDIR}/build/qemu/config-host.h add  "#define CONFIG_GADGETFS 1"

I'm having so much trouble I'm going to reinstall my virtual machine
with Ubuntu 7, I used 6 as it was listed as being what the team uses.
But I think that information is outdated?