Marketing...

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 14:55:30 CEST 2007

Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote :

> Isn't SyncML[1] aka OMA[2] standard on Windows?
> Standard as in "there exists a SyncML application for windows thgat
> allows you to sync with Outlook ..."?
> and if SyncML / OMA is standard, can't we just use that?
>
> 1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syncml
> 2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMA_Device_Management

I know for a fact there's a way of syncronising with Outlook when Outlook is running. Google Desktop uses it and some other search solutions do as well.

We shouldn't however go after solutions for Outlook, IE at the expense of Firefox and other open source applications.

Also consider that we need viewers for Word, Open document format?

---
G O Jones