Camera on GTA02

Giles Jones giles.jones at
Mon Jul 23 15:30:40 CEST 2007

Coomac <coomac at> wrote :

> Hey guys,Can anyone confirm whether GTA02 will have a camera or
> no? The question has been asked a few times on the mailing list and
> I&#39;ve seen speculations, but no real answers. Seeing as the Samsung 2442 SoC can support a camera interface, is it safe to assume that this feature will be utilized? Has the camera plan been dropped with the addition of the accelerometers? Does anyone know for sure? Thanks.

As mention previously, anything which requires the modification of the casing will be very expensive and so it's not planned.

I'm sure however that people will have a go at hacking the unit and addition a module in somehow.

Personally it's not a feature I care for, what with owning an SLR.

I'm hoping to port some photo management software, maybe use ufRaw or similar. So you'd be able to hook up your SLR or compact. But obviously memory is tight on the device.

G O Jones