Camera on GTA02

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 16:11:40 CEST 2007

On Monday 23 July 2007 14:10, coomac wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Can anyone confirm whether GTA02 will have a camera or no? The question has
> been asked a few times on the mailing list and I've seen speculations, but
> no real answers. Seeing as the Samsung 2442 SoC can support a camera
> interface, is it safe to assume that this feature will be utilized? Has the
> camera plan been dropped with the addition of the accelerometers? Does
> anyone know for sure? Thanks.

It's not mentioned in the list of new features and capabilities for the GTA02
while the other devices are. AFAIK nobody from FIC has even hinted at camera
support in GTA02.

Interestingly in a recent survey The Register found a camera was the only
feature rated undesirable by more people than rated it desirable.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/25/mobile_devices_who_decides/

I've worked at sites where cameras, including in phones, aren't allowed. It'll
be nice to have something modern to take to such sites.