Camera on GTA02

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 17:04:35 CEST 2007

Coomac <coomac at gmail.com> wrote :

> Was really hoping
> for a 3 MP to replace my current phone or at least a 2 MP with video to
> better trounce the iPhone. I still have high hopes for the phone,

It's not the megapixels that matter, it's the quality of the lens and the quality of the CCD/CMOS.

> though I can&#39;t help wondering how much the lack of a basic camera will
> affect mass adoption.

If it's a feature you have to have then it will affect some sales. But whenever I see people put their best photos online they're always taken with an SLR or decent compact.

Also, lack of camera is good for business, many business phones lack camera.

>Possibly very ignorant on my part, but I was under the >assumption modifying the case to add a camera hole would be >a very minor change

It would, but then you have to ask yourself what is behind the hole. There may not be space.

All of my phones have had such dire cameras I have no interest in using them.

I'd sooner see support for Wifi/USB connections to proper cameras.

---
G O Jones