vivek khurana mailing.vivek at
Mon Jul 23 17:59:30 CEST 2007

On 7/20/07, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at> wrote:
> Hi,
> > Adam Krikstone wrote:
> > There's
> > nothing stopping a GSM provider from blocking all unbranded IMEI's,
> > including your neo.
> Different operators have different implementation of the GSM standard,
> which they call it their "IP-crap-R".
> Now, if we want Operator Acceptance Testing with Neo, we have to sign
> NDA, SLA with the operators?
> In which case, we cannot implement the same on the Neo as the source
> code is open, and operators will not like that?
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

 I think acceptance test is required when a phone is locked with a
plan. In situations where you can use unlocked phones without
requiring permissions from GSM operators, no such test should be
 Probably, acceptance test is applicable to GSM chipset and not the
phone as such.
 Btw any documents/pointers on so called operator acceptance test ?