OK, the forum is coming..

wim delvaux wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Tue Jul 24 01:59:47 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 00:06:55 Mickael Faivre-Macon wrote:
> Maybe you're right, and the whole point is here: mailing lists are for
> geeks and forums are for all other people. We should then have a web
> based forum.

Are you sure ? I find personally a mailing is much easier.  You get the
messages with your regular mail, you can sort them to a special inbox folder
to read them when you have time.  Whereas a forum you need to start your web
browser, generally wade through some pages to get to the location you want,
log on, use some user interface that changes from forum to forum.

Searching a mailing list is also easy : google or some searchable mail
archive.

Adding another channel is counter productive.  Focus all data in one location
and optimize that medium to the max.