app idea

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 02:40:20 CEST 2007

On 7/24/07, Nkoli <coomac at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/23/07, Jeff Andros <jeff at bigredtj.com> wrote:
> > there are quite a few people out there who are ringtone fanatics
> (personally, I can't understand paying 3.99 for a 30 second song clip...
>
> to that end, what about a simple ringtone repository?
>

> I'm with you 100% here.
>  An app that allows users to make their own ringtones for shareage would be
> great. Throw in the ability to use a full length song stored on the phone,
> the option of offsetting the beginning of the song to n seconds and the
> ability to share that 30 sec clip with friends who wish they had a Neo (
> :-P) and you've got a killer app.

shareage? are we in a yahoo serious film?

seriously though - while a good idea, the owner/hoster of the rep
would have to police it to make sure copyrighted content wasn't being
uploaded, and if it was they could get hit by the riaa. a solution
could be to have a link to one of the cc sites out there. but letting
a user use any sound file as a ringtone is a fine idea.

i like the suggestion of allowing an offset to be specified as well,
so i can head straight to the chorus of 'baby one more time' when the
phone rings