Camera on GTA02

AVee openmoko-comunity at avee.org
Tue Jul 24 14:47:21 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 01:21, Giles Jones wrote:
> On 24 Jul 2007, at 00:09, Nkoli wrote:
>
> Nokia are a brand, along with Samsung and Sony Ericsson they own the
> market. It's unrealistic to think this phone can get huge market
> share. Simply because you won't have the major operators selling them
> on contract.
>
> Until operators are pushing them and people know what the brand means
> (ie, reputation) it's going to be a phone for people in the know.

I'm not sure about the rest of europe, but in the Netherlands it's fairly
normal to go to a shop and purchase whatever phone you want together with
whatever contract you want. The phone shop will simply get a provision for
each contract sold and use this to discount the phones they sell. This
results in lists like this: http://www.gsmweb.nl/tmobile/index_toestel.htm

You really don't need anything from an operator to get on that list, when
there is demand for a phone it will can be sold both with and without
contracts. Overhere FIC needs to get these resellers on board, not the
operators.

AVee