An idea for an advertisement

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Tue Jul 24 20:01:53 CEST 2007

Giles Jones wrote:
> Clare Johnstone <claregj at gmail.com> wrote :
>

>>Nokia 6110 Navigator - advertised on the back of the bus I followed on
>>my way home,
>>and this is way away in Perth Western Australia......
>>
>>clare
>

> Thing is, we have better hardware than Nokia in terms of GPS. They use an AGPS solution which is just part of the chipset they use. It's not a powerful standalone GPS unit.
>
> I'm not sure if it will be possible to have a turn by turn routing system for this phone.
>
> Maybe if someone could do a version of WINE but using the Windows Mobile API we could just run their apps? :)

Tomtom - the hardware units - run on comparable hardware to the Neo.
Arm under linux.
It's not completely impossible that it could be convinced in software to
run a copy of the hardwares software.

The UI is broadly compatible - screen of a sort-of-similar size to the
minimal one, and touchscreen.

The mobile phone one costs $99.
It's not eventually that unrealistic to expect that FIC could buy at
half this, and sell to end users installed on shipped phones at $75 say.

Which is quite reasonable.