OK, the forum is coming..

Jay Vaughan jay at w1xer.de
Tue Jul 24 20:02:15 CEST 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 7:45 PM, Daniel Robinson wrote:

> The goal is communication, not rightness.  How is communication
> best served?

duh, use both mailing lists and forums.  any new forum post -> new
post to the list.  and vice versa.

my vote, if we can't get that working, is to do both, even if we
can't keep them in sync.  those who want to use the list will use the
list, and those on the forum can do that too .. its not a bad thing
to have two camps to sit in.

mailing lists always seem to tend to have a much faster mean response
time between participants than forums do, and this is precisely why
forums are often preferred, for their general 'lagginess' which
doesn't require attention the user isn't willing to spend unless its
on their own schedule.. both means of communication are valid for
different reasons.

;