OK, the forum is coming..

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue Jul 24 21:16:48 CEST 2007

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> My mail client sorts and deletes mailing posts for me :)
>
> <snip>
>  at least if you use a sensible client.

AGAIN, you are forgetting who we are targeting with a forum!  They will
be using Outlook.  They will NOT be setting up filters or doing anything
other than hitting Send/Receive!
> The theoretical aspects are that Email is way more organized and
> standardized than the average html page.

We are not talking about "average html pages"  We are talking about
setting up forum software that will correctly format html pages for the
task that they would be providing.

You are directly embodying the persona that characterizes the people
that give FOSS a bad rep with "average users."  You assume them to all
be at the same technical level as you.  You would just as soon tell them
to change their MUA and setup filters as opposed to actually help them
with their problems.  This type of arrogance will be what (potentially)
keeps people from using OpenMoko/FOSS despite its technical merits.

I'll try to keep this civil, but PLEASE stop thinking only about
yourself.  What is being proposed is not to kill the mailing list.  What
we ARE proposing if you (collective you) would listen is to supplement
the mailing list with a forum.  WHY ARE YOU RESISTING????!!!!

-Jonathon