OK, the forum is coming..

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue Jul 24 21:21:12 CEST 2007

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> To put it differently, there is at least one Linux based gadget that I
> use, that I'd probably put some time into it (it's my sat receiver ;) ),
> where I don't participate, because the community organizes around a
> forum. Well, end effect the community is very static and very small, and
>   slowly dieing :(
There you have it folks, unmistakable proof that forums kill
communities. I mean if Andreas won't contribute to a forum, then it is
most certainly doomed.  :) (I kid, I kid)

Well, I've said it before and I will say it again.  We are not wanting
to kill the mailing lists!!!  We are wanting to supplement the mailing
list with a forum.  I cannot see ANY reason why this would be a bad thing.