OK, the forum is coming..

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 23:26:01 CEST 2007

On 7/24/07, Richard Reichenbacher <richard5 at email.arizona.edu> wrote:

> If they were interested in developing, they would follow the wiki as it is
> the
> only source for finding development specs, cvs links, walkthroughs, etc.

Flaw in your logic: One has to "post" to the wiki to follow it. I'm very
sure you
can follow a wiki and never post to it. So, your stats conclusions are on
shaky
ground.

That's a pretty large amount of people that are going to want help building
> openmoko and flashing it to the phone.  I think a forum is a good idea for
> now if anytime.  If we can show that there is a great support base
> available
> for the phone this early on we can draw a much larger fan base later on.

I think the idea is to get info out, in an easy to maintain way to as many
people
as possible.

I despise forums. Some products require you to use them, so I have to. There
are others that
feel this same way.
Some despise mailing lists. C'est la vie.

I think the best thing would be to work on a way in which both groups could
be
happy. A gateway between the mailing list and a forum might be the best of
both
worlds. Then again, maybe not. But it's something that we should be talking
about,
rather then having a religious debate about forum vs. list.

Comments?

Gerald.