app idea

Jeff Andros jeff at
Tue Jul 24 23:44:08 CEST 2007

yeah, but they seem to be in the minority (my cingular SE phone works
properly too) I'm thinking of going a step beyond this: not requiring you to
whip out your computer at all.  My Sony Ericsson has a program called "Music
DJ" that I think I've played with all of twice, but it will let you mix
loops to create your own ringtone... what if we go a step farther, and
create a composition program with social aspects... allow you to record or
create a ringtone on the device itself.  The other part that makes this
really cool is then uploading this to a sharing site... yes, I know, there's
the chance that you record some song off the radio, so we need something to
deal with DMCA (it seems a message that says "don't freaking put copyrighted
stuff here" is no longer sufficient).  Again, I'm having nightmares of
people turning recordings of their kids screaming and worse into
ringtones... but I think this could be one of the apps that really turns on
the mass market