OK, the forum is coming..

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Wed Jul 25 02:49:05 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 12:33 -0500, Hans L wrote:
> Are you saying that if you don't want your email
> address harvested by spammers, then you should not participate in
> discussions about openmoko at all?  Keeping your email address private
> IS a valid reason for the use of forums.

No, I'm saying that building your email security using obscurity doesn't
work.  There is no way to keep your email address private, any more than
there's a way to keep your home address private.   You might succeed for
a matter of months, or even a year or so if you're really diligent, or
even longer if you never actually send any email, but eventually someone
who has you in their address book is going to get a virus, and then all
your efforts are for naught.

So whether you use a forum or a mailing list shouldn't be predicated on
your desire to implement security through obscurity.   It should be
predicated on some other reasoning.   That's all I'm saying.   I think
we need both, and as I said in my email message, I look forward to all
of the chatter being siphoned off into the forum.