email vs forum

Sebastian Krause sebastian at realpath.org
Wed Jul 25 14:59:17 CEST 2007

kent at songbird.com wrote:
> Not trying to "prove" something -- trying to give benefit of long experience
> in similar situations.  Email is substantially more efficient, because it is
> intrinsically more powerful.  For example:

8) Staying in touch directly with the community from my OpenMoko
phone in a year using an expensive GPRS connection:

- E-Mail: Loading everything via POP3 or even better compressed UUCP
  on my phone, reading with my favorite mail client that suits the
  display. Uses minimum bandwidth and I can cut the connection after
- Web forum: Suffer with the web browser on a forum design not
  suitable to the small display. Using tons of bandwidth for every
  request, staying online all the time. Really expensive.

Sebastian