PRESS: Hands-on with the OpenMoko Phone

Marcel de Jong mdejong at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 23:20:43 CEST 2007

On 7/25/07, michael at michaelshiloh.com <michael at michaelshiloh.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> > Jason Elwell writes:
> >> http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/07/hands-on-with-t.html
> >
> > Thanks for posting that -- certainly whetted my appetite.
> >
> > It's also interesting that the author of the article didn't quite
> > understand which decisions have been made, and which are pending:  he
> > didn't seem to understand that next version *won't* have a camera.

Sadly, not only the writer of the article got it wrong. Some of the
commenters on the Wired blog are following the lines of people who get
it wrong. (for instance, the 'no music' comment... A mediaplayer was
in the works, right?) (and the Moko/Moco == Bugger in Spanish is
getting old too) :)

> By the way, it was inspiring to see the interest in that community. A lot had
> not heard about this project and were very excited. I had about 70 paper
> copies of my instructions for how to get from Ubuntu to Openmoko (in 5 easy
> steps!) (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User_talk:Michaelshiloh) and they were
> all taken. I encouraged everyone to join the community.

Funny I see 7 steps.  ;)

It's great to hear that there are so many people interested in this
thing. Gives me hope that this project has a chance. :)

---
Marcel de Jong