email vs forum

John Seghers jseghers at cequint.com
Thu Jul 26 00:48:35 CEST 2007

Giles Jones wrote:
> On 25 Jul 2007, at 23:09, John Seghers wrote:
> > I'm sure it will fit well...but will you actually be able to read
> > it without
> > a magnifying glass?
>
> Having owned a VGA PDA with similar screen size I can say that the
> resolution helps with readability. Hopefully with adjustable font
> sizes people can tailor the resolution to match their eyesight. Hell,
> you could even have an eyesight test in the phone :)

The resolution does help, and it should have some truly awesome font glyphs
once you specify larger fonts...but that's just the problem when trying to
read a forum formatted even for a VGA desktop... To have it formatted
correctly, you have to use the pixel-to-height ratio that a desktop would
use, which means you need the borgstrap Ian mentioned :)

If you use large enough characters to read, it won't format well.

- John