qemu trouble...

Tim Niemeyer tim.niemeyer at mastersword.de
Thu Jul 26 10:15:00 CEST 2007

Hallo

> >Did you run "modprobe gadgetfs default_uid=<your uid>" before
> >running QEMU?
Yes.

Output from mount:
gadget on /dev/gadget type gadgetfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)

Output from ls /dev/gadget/:
insgesamt 0
dr-xr-xr-x  1 reddog root    0 2007-07-23 11:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 16 root   root 4,4K 2007-07-24 09:53 ..
-rw-------  1 reddog root    0 2007-07-23 11:50 dummy_udc

> >I get continual kernel ring messages (dmesg, also reported in
> >syslog) of:
> >dummy_udc dummy_udc: dequeued req deb73c40 from ep-c, len 4096, buf
> >xxxxxxxx
No i haven't such a message.
But when i type usb_add gadget:1, the qemu says in the QEMU monitor:
(qemu) Could not remove USB device '0.5'
Why? Seems to me like he gets some errors and want trys an automatic
usb_remove...

> >Additionally, there are three lines output from QEMU's stdout/err:
> >s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
> >pcf_write: automatic Fast-charge enabled
> >s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
I killed the qemu much fuster this time an i could see this messages,
too:
[...]
gadget_read: event error: 4
gadget_ep_setup: endpoint configuration failed: -1
gadget_read: event error: 4
[...]
gadget_read: event error: 4
gadget_ep_setup: endpoint configuration failed: -1
gadget_read: event error: 4
[...]
gadget_read: event error: 4
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 4
[...]
gadget_read: event error: 4
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 4
[...]
gadget_read: event error: 4
s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 4
pcf_write: automatic Fast-charge enabled.
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 4
[...]
gadget_read: event error: 4
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 4
gadget_read: event error: 4
s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_read: event error: 51
gadget_respond: packet write error: 3
gadget_read: event error: 4
[...]
gadget_read: event error: 4
[...]

> >ifconfig usb0 inet 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0
I haven't a usb0 device! :-(

SIOCSIFADDR: Kein passendes Gerät gefunden
usb0: ERROR while getting interface flags: Kein passendes Gerät gefunden
SIOCSIFNETMASK: Kein passendes Gerät gefunden

> It also says can't find gadgetfs if you don't have it specified in
> the config.h file before compiling qemu.
Wow ... it's not ... at first i thought this could it be, but then i
looked in the file ../config-host.h wich is included by config.h.
In ../config-host.h is "#define CONFIG_GADGETFS 1". Or do you mean that
i have to specify the directory /dev/gadget? How can i do this?

Tim Niemeyer