Why you won't find me in the forum much

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Thu Jul 26 10:39:04 CEST 2007

> i imagine this mail2forum provides some sort of "[Subforum]"-tag
> before each e-mail. To answer to a thread, simply answer the last
> mail of that thread. To start a new topic, just write "[Subforum]
> New Topic Name" as Subject of the mail. At least i would implement
> it this way. And if it isn't so, we could simply write ourselves
> something like that. I mean: we have plenty of developers in here.

How do you make sure that the [Subforum] really exists when users
type a message? How do they remember the list of tags? Does the
sender get back a notice and has to send it again?

> This not only allow to have mailing list AND forum, but also to let
> everybody choose how they want to interact.

Well, they can choose anyway even if both systems are not connected.

My latest conclusions:
* the democratic approach would be to vote for either of both
(inducing a lot of political discussions where people try to convince
each other).
* the (darwinistic) market oriented approach is to simply offer both
- more or less connected and useage patterns will decide