Why you won't find me in the forum much

ramsesoriginal ramsesoriginal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:45:22 CEST 2007

On 7/26/07, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at computer.org> wrote:

> > i imagine this mail2forum provides some sort of "[Subforum]"-tag
> > before each e-mail. To answer to a thread, simply answer the last
> > mail of that thread. To start a new topic, just write "[Subforum]
> > New Topic Name" as Subject of the mail. At least i would implement
> > it this way. And if it isn't so, we could simply write ourselves
> > something like that. I mean: we have plenty of developers in here.
>
> How do you make sure that the [Subforum] really exists when users
> type a message? How do they remember the list of tags? Does the
> sender get back a notice and has to send it again?

Again, i just assume this things, since I never used it, it's just how i
would implement it.
You should know the subforums, or if you don't, then you could just request
it with a e-mail.
The sender would get a confirmetion if it was posted, which he has to answer
to autenticate itself.

> This not only allow to have mailing list AND forum, but also to let
> > everybody choose how they want to interact.
>
> Well, they can choose anyway even if both systems are not connected.

But if they are connected, you don't loose anything with the decision

My latest conclusions:
> * the democratic approach would be to vote for either of both
> (inducing a lot of political discussions where people try to convince
> each other).

But where vote? Because this should be a solution for end-users,  and we
haven't any at our disposal.

* the (darwinistic) market oriented approach is to simply offer both
> - more or less connected and useage patterns will decide

if they are connected, then there  isn't anything to be decidet.

--
My corner of the web: http://ramsesoriginal.wordpress.com
My dream, my world: http://abenu.wordpress.com