qemu trouble...

John Seghers jseghers at cequint.com
Thu Jul 26 18:26:03 CEST 2007

Giles Jones wrote:
> On 25 Jul 2007, at 23:42, John Seghers wrote:
> > ifconfig usb0 inet netmask
> > ssh root at

> Interesting that the IP you use for usb0 is, then ssh
> into 202. I thought this was a typo then considered that it was
> deliberate.

Yeah, I was puzzled by that when I first read the web page that describes
this.  Basically, the ifconfig command is specifying the IP address for the
Desktop's end of the USB connection.  The QEMU side of the connection seems
to be hardwired to  Fortunately, the local net here at work
is set up on 192.168.10.x so that I didn't have to add routes to isolate the
mini-subnet formed by the USB connection.

So the ssh to .202 is making a connection between .200 <--> .202

- John