...Order shipped: OpenMoko direct order

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Thu Jul 26 22:33:51 CEST 2007

Marco Crociani - Tyrael wrote:
> 2007/7/25, Krzysztof Kajkowski <cayco at poczta.cayco.pl>:
>>
>> I'm so jealous I live abroad and have to wait another day to have my
>> neo sent, and than wait some time, just to wait to pay tax at customs
>> when neo arrives to Poland!

Lucky you.

In Israel, the first time you import a new kind of phone you have to get
approval from the ministry of communications, but you can only ask for
the approval AFTER THE PHONE HAS ALREADY ARRIVED and is waiting in customs.

So, you order the phone, pay for it, wait for it to ship and to arrive,
and only then you ask for permission and hope it is given.

I'm still not sure how to buy mine (haven't ordered it yet, will
probably wait for the official release).

Meanwhile, is there any way to run the OS only in an emulator? On
another ARM platform, perhaps?

Shachar