3G sim cards

Eric Johnson eric at ebj.us
Fri Jul 27 07:47:58 CEST 2007

Harrison Metzger wrote:
> Many people (including I) have not been able to get the at&t 3g sim
> card (the one with the "3g fireball") working in our neos. The older
> cingular ones do work (they are "64K smart chip"). I dont care if it
> does 2g, I would like for my at&t sim card to work in the phone.
> According to the GSM modem it gives error CME 10 (sim card not
> inserted). any ideas?
Well the AT&T 3G cards are definitely have both a SIM and USIM
application on them and AT&T do a lot of device testing before approving
the cards so it really should work.

Can you say what the Vendor and Version Number of the UICC is?
This is the 4 digit number beginning with a 2 under the "3g fireball" on
the front of the card.