Wiki application list.

Nkoli coomac at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 15:05:47 CEST 2007

On 7/27/07, Frans Grotepass <fmgrotepass at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I want to order a GTA-01, but some questions still remain.
>
> 1: What is the status of various developments in the applications. The
> wiki
> lacks enough informaiton. Is something like this list possible?

GTA01 is an early stage devs version and the first phones only started
arriving yesterday.
The phone can make and receive phone calls and has some really basic apps
like calendar, calculator, etc. UI still desperately needs attention.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Developer_preview

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IriverPort#Write_low_level_code_and_drivers

Website is down.

2: To what extent is it possible to use the phone as my daily phone? Are the
> basic apps good enough?

Depends on what you can do without (temporarily of course). You can check it
out under qemu - http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_under_QEMU

3: How long does the device run on a battery?

No one knows. Battery is 1200mAh for GTA01. Going by my phone with a dinky
850mAh and a few more features which lasts about 3.5 hrs with everything
cranked, I'd say the neo will last about 5 hrs with everything cranked.
Though power management was still a bit flaky last I checked (may have been
fixed by now).

4: is the uboot bootloader stable enough to make a basic model sufficient?

It seems stable, but I don't know that it's enough for daily use.