Wiki application list.

Mark Eichin eichin-openmoko at thok.org
Fri Jul 27 20:04:36 CEST 2007

> In the meantime, here's what I'm finding works:

Excellent list.  Note that this varies build-to-build, or at least has
in the last few days.

> I tried it out with my sim card, then moved it back to my old phone. I

Same here - but after that (being in the US) I just dropped $10 cash
at a T-mobile kiosk in a mall and walked away with a SIM card with a
few minutes on it, so I can keep the "real" phone working.

> 3: How long does the device run on a battery?

On an 850mAh nokia battery... maybe 3 hours mostly idle (not sure, I
came back to find it dead.)  Haven't timed it with the 1200mAh "real"
battery, but basically, "power management isn't really there yet."

> > 4: is the uboot bootloader stable enough to make a basic model sufficient?
> >
> Seems to be. I've had 0 problems with the boot loader. I followed the
> guidance on the wiki that says "with a phase I phone, don't flash the
> boot loader unless you know what you're doing"... so I'm not touching it
> until there's a substantially good reason.

I've certainly replaced uImage and rootfs (you want to keep them in
sync, the *modules* are all on the rootfs) a half dozen times using
just the usb cable; the current uboot seems to be stable enough for
the long term.