Product naming / wiki page naming / restructuring

Harald Welte laforge at
Sat Jul 28 04:18:32 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 01:25:26PM +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>>> -2007 and -2008 so far.  We might have 200x.y at some point.
> Hm. I think using year-names is not a good choice for software versions
> (mainly talking about stable releases).

I agree. wasn't my idea.  In any case, it is what is in place now.

> It psychologically forces you to do one major release every year.

that's not true.

> *every* new stable release should run on *all* older hardware (at least up
> to 3 or 4 years!).

this is an entirely different discussion and I would rather not want to
mix that with the naming/versioning scheme debate.

- Harald Welte <laforge at>