What happened to the order?

Asbjørn Sannes ace at sannes.org
Sat Jul 28 09:38:39 CEST 2007

Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> On 07/28/2007 Asbjørn Sannes wrote:
>
>> If I understood correctly orders within the U.S. was shipped first,
>> and then international developers would get their phones..
>>
>> I have received three e-mails from openmoko: "AutoReply: OpenMoko
>> direct order", "Your OpenMoko direct order" (which I replyed to
>> YES_I_DO), and  "Payment received: OpenMoko direct order".
>>
>> Since then I have heard nothing, but I can see from the "P1 Owners"
>> page that other higher numbered rts, ordering the exact same thing
>> (Advanced kit, B/S), to the exact same location (Oslo, Norway) have
>> received shipping notifications.
>>
>> Anyone else experienced this? Is my order gone? Am I waiting for
>> something that won't happen?
>> Is there something that I should have done that I have not?
>>

> Let me check on this today.
>
> As I'm sure it's obvious to most of you now, we're having a  heck of a
> time with logistics this first time around. Please accept my sincere
> apologies. I promise we will get much better really soon.
>
> -Sean

I probably was a bit fast on the trigger (you know how time feels when
you are waiting for something good): I have now received a "Order
shipped: OpenMoko direct order" e-mail with a tracking number, and is as
happy as ever, can't wait to do some real hacking :)

I understand the problem of doing logistics for the first time at this
scale is not an easy one, I wish there would have been a way of checking
if an order w as still alive, especially when there is a "time-gap"
between status updates.. I hope this kind of thing will come together
for the mass marketing stuff :)

Greetings,
Asbjørn Sannes
#1848, soon to be P1 hacker