OpenMoko future.

Sébastien Lorquet squalyl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:19:18 CEST 2007

(This is a suite to laforge's message on gsmd-devel)

hello,

I'm a little disappointed about laforge's message :( Targetting geeks only
will never help to make OpenMoko known.
Even if our resources are limited, I think we should interest other firms in
opensource, to show them the benefits of such technologies. Of course we
can't compete with big phone makers, but there is no reason to be afraid of
that. Why no distribution deals with carriers? Why not targetting the normal
phone market, even if it's a long term goal? Setting such goals will help to
motivate developers, It's far more challenging that "only for openwrt guys".

One important point is reputation. If openmoko is known to be a geek phone
no one else will get interested in it.

Others developers will comment by themselves.

--
Sébastien LORQUET - 이세영 (李世榮)
Ingénieur ENSPG 2006 / ENSIMAG-ASI 2007