AT command test suite

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 13:52:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have been looking for an AT command test suite that can be run on
the host. I've tried:

1. Minicom:

Keying in AT commands has to be done manually. I tried using the
built-in runscript feature to automate the process, for example:

  send "AT"
  send "AT+CGMM"
  exit

or

  send "AT"
  send "AT+CGMM"
  expect {
    " "
    timeout 5
  }

but, it only displays the output of the last sent command. Buffer is
cleared before the next command is issued, I suppose. So, outputs
cannot be logged either.

2. Cquery Perl script from:

ftp://gatling.ikk.sztaki.hu/pub/samsem/

http://gatling.ikk.sztaki.hu/~kissg/gsm/

It works. But, it is under public domain. Do you think it will be good
to tweak it (and put it under GPL) so it can be used to test Neo on
different networks? This information can be put up on the wiki? Is
this method permissible to analyse AT on different networks?

Appreciate your inputs/suggestions,

Thanks,

--
Shakthi Kannan