An idea of sorts

Max Giesbert giesbert at exactt.de
Sat Jul 28 15:23:50 CEST 2007

sounds like an excellent idea to me. would definitely be a killer
application to use the phone in a peer-to-peer style without using the
telco network.
UI-wise this could be realized in organizing the addressbook more like a
IM client where you can see if your buddies are in BT-/WiFi-Range,
Online (via any network connection (GPRS/UMTS/BT/WiFi)) or offline
(callable/SMSable). In any situation you could choose to send text/chat
or call your buddy. And the phone chooses the best (cost/battery
life/reception) way to contact the buddy.

what do you think?

max